USB HID keyboard device plugged in, driver not loaded

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Weiyang Zhou, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. Weiyang Zhou

    Weiyang Zhou Guest

    We developed a USB device which emulates HID keyboard. It works fine on all
    Windows platforms. But when I plug it into an iBook running Mac OS X, the
    data sent by the device doesn't show up in the TextPad.

    By using a USB protocol analyzer, I can see there is no error in enumeration
    and data sending.

    I downloaded a tool from apple.com.called USB Prober. It shows the
    descriptors of our device is correctly read by the system. But from the
    driver list, I see the keyboard driver and HID driver are not loaded. That's
    probably the reason why data doesn't get into TextPad. Our device doesn't
    have a boot interface. Is it required?

    Anyone knows why the drivers are not loaded and why the data doesn't go
    through?

    Thanks

    Weiyang

    Weiyang Zhou, Aug 6, 2003