    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

    Rich Teer, Nov 2, 2005

  2. HI,

    Just a though, the onboard USB on Blade 1500 and 2500 is that no it also
    USB1.0! the added USB board is USB2.0 on these that I know.

    So, it could be that the IPL(BIOS/OPENBOOT) supports only the USB1.0!

    /michae

    Michael Laajanen, Nov 3, 2005

  3. Rich Teer

    Scott Howard Guest

    Yes, it's only USB 1.1. It's due to a bug in one of the (non-Sun)
    I/O chips used, and unfortunately at this stage there's no way around
    it (short of a USB 2.0 PCI card). Future servers are expected to support
    USB 2.0.

    Scott

    Scott Howard, Nov 3, 2005
  4. Rich Teer

    Rich Teer Guest

    Lemme guess: VIA?
    Good to hear, although one wonders why a problematic chipset was selected
    for use in a Sun-designed server in the first place...

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

    Rich Teer, Nov 3, 2005