USB PCI card no go. Kouwell brand okay? It'll have a different chipset to current 4 port USB PCI a

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Darren, Oct 18, 2005.

  1. Darren

    Darren Guest

    Hi and thanks

    My kids' mobo is a GA-6VX7 with Celeron 433

    I purchased a too cheap, ***ali chipset*** 4 port PCI USB card that Windows
    sees but can
    ****only connect an USB mouse****. (I've seen others have this problem.)

    Tried different slots and BIOS settings. ****Won't detect any other
    peripheral****. Not even by swearing.

    I thought I'd try a Kouwell USB PCI card, which has a different chipset,
    ***'VIA'***.

    Any chipset better than another here? Or just give it a go?

    Thanks

    Darren

    Darren, Oct 18, 2005

  2. Darren

    Darren Guest

    Going to crosspost to alt.comp.hardware now as I've scared you guys off
    sorry.

    Darren

    Darren, Oct 18, 2005

  3. Darren

    Wesley Guest

    I just start use ALI 2+4 USB with 3.5 bay. Work superbly.

    Anyway my other PC sometime SiS USB not work...can only solved it by pull
    power cord off from power supply wait about 10 mins that long enough and
    turn on all USB work superbly...miracle as i say....

    Wesley, Nov 18, 2005