USB port not working - HELP?!

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Zipper Chan, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Zipper Chan

    Zipper Chan Guest

    okay guys, i really need some help desperately!!!

    PC specs:

    WinXP (SP1 installed)
    ECS K7VZA m/board
    Athlon 1.4G

    i plugged my mp3 player into my USB port the other day and it worked
    no problem. then suddenly, neither of my USB ports work. what the?????

    can anyone shed any light on this please. i haven't changed any
    settings and my BIOS says that my USB ports are enabled

    help ....please

    TIA

    zipper

    Zipper Chan, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Zipper Chan

    Leon Rowell Guest

    Maybe the MP3 player draws too much power for the USB port?
    What size power supply do you have?
    Are you sure the MP3 player is still working?
    I'm not sure how you tested the USB ports but you may have to get a
    separate "powered" USB hub to run the player.

    Leon Rowell

    Leon Rowell, Feb 5, 2004