    the rear ports but on the front port the light will come on
    but no spinup or detect. Why would the front ports supply
    less power ?

    RB, Aug 20, 2009

  2. I observed the same, independent from in/external power supply.

    DoDi

    Hans-Peter Diettrich, Aug 20, 2009

  3. RB

    Arno Guest

    This may either be a limitation on yout mainboard or in the cabeling
    and circuitry of the front port assembly. But it is not anything
    fundamental.

    Arno

    Arno, Aug 20, 2009
  4. RB

    Roger Blake Guest

    Thin, crappy wiring in the Chinese-made cabinet.

    Roger Blake, Aug 23, 2009
  5. RB

    kooljay

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    USB Port Problem

    :mad:I have a Gateway E4000 desktop which I have no problems with except when I connect something via the usb ports - thumbdrive or solid state external hard drive. When I connect the external device the pc reboots. The pc works fine in every other aspect except this one. Any reason why this is happening?

    kooljay, Aug 30, 2009