    I went to the download Drivers site, and put in the model number an
    only shows Windows 98 and Windows 95..

    Am I out of luck on this? :crybaby

    Vortex150, Nov 9, 2005

  2. Vortex150

    Ben Myers Guest

    It has been customary for HPaq to support only the release of operating system
    shipped with the computer originally. This does not mean XP will not work. It
    simply means that you are 1000% on your own, with no help ever from HPaq.

    Unfortunately, the info on the HPaq web site for your model of computer is
    decidedly pathetic. I cannot determine the specs of your computer from the
    drivel on the web site.

    My strictly wild-ass guess is that the USB chipset on your computer does not
    have drivers on the Windows XP install CD. But do not give up. If there is
    some way to determine the USB chipset on the motherboard, you may be able to
    download XP drivers from elsewhere.

    Your other choice is to spend a few more bucks on a USB 2.0 add-in card with
    drivers. They are plentiful and cheap... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Nov 9, 2005

  3. Vortex150

    HH Guest

    Ben, the USB controller on the 5140 is integrated into the Intel 82371EB
    PIIX4-E controller, part of the Intel 440BX chipset. I'm surprised the
    drivers are not on the XP install disc. Loading the chipset drivers off the
    Intel website should restore USB functionality.

    HH

    HH, Nov 9, 2005
  4. Vortex150

    X_MAXIMUS_X Guest

    My USB Ports work on my 5170. (It uses the same motherboard). email me for
    the drivers.

    MAXIMUS

    X_MAXIMUS_X, Nov 10, 2005
  5. Vortex150

    Vortex150 Guest

    Thanks Guys...Problem Solved...USB ports up and running. All it wa
    was a bad cable connection to the USB ports. It was weird because th
    USB went out of order after the Upgrade to XP...so I assumed it was
    driver

    Anyway sorry for taking anyones time on this, and lesson learned t
    check hardware connections first

    Thanks

    Vortex150, Nov 10, 2005