    Open it up and resolder a new port?

    - = -
    http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2

    vjp2.at, Aug 28, 2009

  2. vjp2.at

    Ben Myers Guest

    What happens with the USB port when you plug something else into it?
    "sometimes works, sometimes freaks"?

    The usual solution is a motherboard replacement. De-soldering and
    soldering is a pretty delicate operation and requires really good
    tools... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Aug 29, 2009

  3. vjp2.at

    vjp2.at Guest

    Well, I haven't totally isolated what exactly is wrong when I plug a
    CD or Floppy drive into the USB and which one. I know the USB drive
    won't work at all on any machine. I am hoping the damage is mostly on
    the thumb drive. Maybe I somehow need to flush the buffers or
    something. I had to reformat the floppy I was using. I know I sound
    confused because I am. I have to try each of the ports with several
    devices until I can better describe the problem.

    - = -
    http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2

    vjp2.at, Aug 31, 2009