    use USB devices?

    I can only find RS232 to USB adapters turning USB ports to RS232. I need
    the other way around and to work on NT.

    Nottingham, Sep 9, 2005

  2. The electrical conversion is trivial - your problem is that the devices are going to
    expect USB support from the OS, and that's not going to happen on NT unless the device
    manufacturer has bothered to create a special NT driver for it.

    Kevin D. Quitt, Sep 9, 2005

  3. Nottingham

    Ian Malcolm Guest

    Just put in a USB card (PCMCIA OR PCI) and ditch the NT. (Google for
    'USB support "windows NT" ' and you'll see why . . .)

    Ian Malcolm, Sep 10, 2005
  4. Nottingham

    Nottingham Guest

    The problem is a legacy machine controlled by a PC running NT with
    proprietary hardware/software installed and the software/hardware co. is
    bust. Replacing the PC board was our first consideration after using
    straight serial comms, but isn't a good option.

    Nottingham, Sep 10, 2005
  5. Nottingham

    larwe Guest

    There is no such device and never will be such a device.

    larwe, Sep 10, 2005
  6. Nottingham

    Tom Riggs Guest

    Though the software company is bust can you update to Win2000? The
    software should pretty well see it as NT and you would gain USB support.

    Tom Riggs, Sep 11, 2005
  7. If there is a LAN on the NT-PC, a 2nd system with W2K or XP and a small
    portion of SW could help, I think.

    HTH
    Michael

    Michael Lange, Sep 11, 2005