    difficult to later reuse the internal wireless adapter (this is a
    notebook which soon will be moved to a different home)? The operating
    system of my computer is Vista Premium Home.

    Klaus Kassner, Sep 26, 2008

  2. Klaus Kassner

    Mike Walsh Guest

    You should be able to add the USB adapter without any problem. If you look under network connectors you should see all the connections available; probably a wired connection and two wireless connections. You can configure each connection separately. Disable the connections you are not using.

    You might want to try using 802.11b instead of 802.11g, and try a different channel to reduce interference.

    Mike Walsh, Sep 26, 2008