    Looked thru the parms, found USB Mouse, but nothing about keyboard.

    Anybody been here?

    Time to go back to Win2000 Pro?

    (PeteCresswell), May 9, 2005

  2. (PeteCresswell)

    Venom Guest

    No problem really. USB does not have any drivers untill the OS is running.
    Use a PS2 keyboard and mouse untill you get Windows installed.

    Venom, May 10, 2005

  3. In BIOS, check to see if there is a setting like "USB Legacy" and if so,
    enable it..

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    Thomas Wendell, May 10, 2005
  4. Per Thomas Wendell:
    Close.

    Turns out that my mainboard-connected-USB-avoidence strategy was the culprit.

    I had taped over the backpanel USB ports, replacing them with a couple of PCI
    USB cards and plugged the keyboard into one of them.

    Needless-to-say, the motherboard's bios didn't recognize it.

    So now I have (Bios-wise):

    USB Function = Enabled
    USB = Disabled
    Legacy USB Support = Disabled

    .... and the keyboard plugged into one of the mb-direct USB ports on the back
    panel..... and all is well.

    (PeteCresswell), May 10, 2005