    this would not work on my 733?

    Thanks,

    David

    David, Oct 7, 2006

  2. David

    Martin S. Guest

    I doubt it will. A person on comp.sys.mac.system recently tried a
    similar transplant without success.
    Can you try before you buy?

    There are usually minor variations of the motherboards depending on
    whether they are single- or dual-cpu models. I don't think Apples cpus
    were made to be exchanged - you're better advised to get a dedicated,
    third-party upgrade.

    Martin S., Oct 7, 2006

  3. David

    David Guest

    Thanks. I'll see if I can the find post over there. The reason I
    thought it might work is that the dual 867 still had the same bus speed
    and 4:1 cache ratio as the Quicksilver 2001 models. I'd be afraid to
    try it without knowing for sure, as I wouldn't want to damage either
    the CPU or the motherboard.

    Thanks again,

    David

    David, Oct 7, 2006