    on the output buffers. But there is no shorting block on either of
    those pins (and I know the wiggler works properly, at least on 3.3V
    ARM targets).

    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards, Nov 11, 2004

  2. (Lewin A.R.W. Edwards) wrote in
    I have been using the COP port on 8260 based designs for a couple of
    years. It works great. I am just now trying out the Macraigor JTAG
    unit. IN the past I have used VisionICE II and the Metrowerks Jtag
    units. NOTE not all JTAG interfaces are the same or even have the same
    signals. The COP interface has a couple of signals for debugging that
    are not JTAG. You will probably need to contact Macraigor to see if your
    unit will even work on the PPC target or if you need a different unit.

    Allan

    Allan R. Batteiger, Nov 11, 2004

  3. I'm getting to work on a PowerPC-based NAS appliance, based around an
    Sorry, I didn't say that very well. I mean, nobody seems to be using
    the COP port on the specific board I have - the connector is not
    stuffed and nobody in the (English) support forums is using it. They
    all seem to be teenagers anyway :( The hardware I'm using is the Kuro
    Box (www.revogear.com). It's basically a NAS appliance they are
    selling with something vaguely resembling a SDK and some support for
    people to build custom apps on it.
    I assumed they wouldn't tell me anything about that, wanting to sell
    me another $195 unit... I'll try though.

    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards, Nov 11, 2004
  4. I have a (genuine Macraigor! Accept no substitutes!) JTAG wiggler that
    Followup: Macraigor replied to my inquiry within a few minutes of
    submitting it. They say that I can just connect up a cable to the COP
    header and use the same wiggler for PowerPC. Yippee! :)

    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards, Nov 12, 2004
  5. Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

    gabledon Guest

    Followup: Macraigor replied to my inquiry within a few minutes of
    now i have a substitute Macraigor wiggler for arm(20 pin).
    Below is the board schematic,
    PL1 25wayD Male PL
    20wayIDC

    PL1/17-25 <--------------+-------------------------+--+-----------<
    PL2/4,6,8,
    | | |
    10,12,14,
    | AC244 200nF = = 4.7uF
    16,18,20
    | +------------+ Vcc | |
    TDI 0v +-| 1 20 |-+--------+--+-----------<
    PL2/1,2
    PL1/5 >-------------------| 2 19 |-+
    TMS | 3 18 |-----XXXX---------------->
    PL2/5
    PL1/3 >-------------------| 4 17 | 51R
    TCLK | 5 16 |-----XXXX---------------->
    PL2/7
    PL1/4 >-------------------| 6 15 | 51R
    | 7 14 |-----XXXX---------------->
    PL2/9
    +----| 8 13 | 51R
    | | 9 12 |-----XXXX---+
    | +-| 10 11 | 51R |
    | | +------------+ |
    | V 0v |
    +------------------------------------------<
    PL2/13
    TDO |
    PL1/11 <---------------------------------------------+

    DTC114 /-------xxxx----------------<
    PL2/15
    RST 10k | / 51R
    PL1/2 >----------------XXXX--+---|<
    | | \
    X V
    47k X |
    X |
    | |
    V 0v V

    the wiggler can connect to arm and debug it, also make an adaptor for CO
    interface. Because of COP interface has more signals than arm, i negate
    QACK, SRESET, HRESET, HALTED and CKSTP_OUT connection and let them alone.
    When i connects to MPC755, OCDcommander don't prompt error. I rea
    address, response slowly. It means that the connection has problems.

    Now i searching some informations about how connect COP to Parallel, bu
    get no response. who can provide the connection diagram?

    -> This message was sent using the web interface o
    www.EmbeddedRelated.com <-

    gabledon, Apr 28, 2005