    this JumpDrive be recognized by my Desktop Computer.

    Regards,
    John E. Golden

    John E. Golden, Aug 24, 2003

  2. John E. Golden

    Ian S Guest

    I don't know about the Lexar, but other USB drives I have experience with
    always have come with a CD containing the appropriate driver for WIN98. Such
    drivers are unnecessary for WIN2K, ME and XP.

    Ian S, Aug 24, 2003

  3. No CD came with the JumpDrive. They want you to downlaod the driver from
    their website. Unfortunately, the modem is broke on my Desktop Computer.

    Regards,
    John E. Golden

    John E. Golden, Aug 25, 2003
  4. John E. Golden

    Ian S Guest

    Can you download the driver onto another computer then put it onto a floppy
    or CD for installation on your desktop?

    Ian S, Aug 25, 2003
  5. John E. Golden

    Ian S Guest

    OK, here's what you can do. First, you need to download a utility to split
    the driver file into 4 or 5 portions that will fit onto a series of
    floppies. There are a number of programs to do that. Here's one
    http://www.sinnercomputing.com/Chop.htm that is free to try but if you
    search on www.zdnet.com under Windows downloads and use keywords "file
    splitting", you will find others both freeware and shareware. Using the file
    splitting utility, you will transfer the driver file onto several floppies
    (4 or 5) then copy them one by one into a folder on your desktop hard drive.
    The utility will provide a small exe file to run on your desktop to recreate
    the original driver file. Hope this helps!

    Ian S, Aug 25, 2003
  6. John E. Golden

    MrFlash Guest

    Here's one: