Using a 15.4 inch widescreen laptop with full screen projector

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by XxLicherxX, Mar 30, 2005.

  1. XxLicherxX

    XxLicherxX Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I have a Dell M60 laptop with a GeForce Quadro FX 700 GO card in it.
    The laptop has a 15.4 inch widescreen. I also have an overhead LCD
    projector that is a standard screen size. What I want to be able to do
    is to connect the LCD projector to the VGA out on the laptop and use
    both the laptop and projector at the same time.

    The problem that I am having is that when I output the VGA to the
    projector, the projector picks up the settings for the widescreen and
    doesn't display properly. I also have the same situation the opposite
    way. I can get the LCD projector to display correctly, but then the
    screen is stretched out on the laptop.

    Basically, I need to view the LCD in widescreen, but have the VGA kick
    out standard/full screen.

    Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this so both the
    projector and laptop display correctly?

    Thanks

    XxLicherxX, Mar 30, 2005

  2. XxLicherxX

    XxLicherxX Guest

    Nobody else has ever tried to do this?

    XxLicherxX, Apr 1, 2005

  3. XxLicherxX

    J. Clarke Guest

    Not with a Geforce FX Quadro.

    If you wanted to know how to do it with a Radeon I might be able to help
    you, but Quadro equipped laptops are rarities.

    J. Clarke, Apr 1, 2005