    and then use CBROM to insert the new BIOS. Do I have to remove the old BIOS
    first? Because I just inserted the new one without removing the old one. I
    just want to make sure my BIOS flash goes OK.

    void, Feb 11, 2004

  2. void

    JK Guest

    Yes, remove the old first by:

    say:
    cbrom biosname.bin highpoint.old release

    then display to check the result.

    then the new in (no release on the string above)

    I do not quite understand that you got no space problem with 2
    highpoint in it.

    best regards

    John

    JK, Feb 11, 2004

  3. void

    void Guest

    I thought it was:

    cbrom biosname.bin /pci release

    would this be:

    cbrom biosname.bin /d

    I've seen differing opinions on this. Some think that putting a new one in
    overwrites the first one.

    But I'm going to be safe and redo it by removing the old one and then putting
    the new one in.

    void, Feb 11, 2004
  4. void

    Yuma Guest

    Your thought was right

    cbrom biosname.bin /pci release (HPT bios remove)
    cbrom biosname.bin /pci HPTbiosname (HPT bios insert)
    cbrom biosname.bin /d (display bios content)

    If you have the HPT bios from the HPT site in a zip file check first
    the readme.txt which bios to use for your controller, there are 3
    bioses for diff controllers.
    You should first update the drivers before the bios flash

    Huib.

    Yuma, Feb 12, 2004