Using Corsair pc3200 512 mb x 2 value select _Double Sided_ ram modules in P5P800 SE motherboard.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Sylvain VAN DER WALDE, Jul 4, 2006.

  1. Hello all.

    I've just upgraded from a socket 478 motherboard (P4C800E de luxe) with P4
    2.8 ghz CPU, to a socket 775 motherboard (P5P800 SE) with D805 dual core
    CPU.
    On the first board, I ran the memory (in Subject:) with no problems as DDR
    400.
    Now, the second board's manual states (and I quote exactly): "DDR DIMMS made
    up of 128 Mb chips or double-sided DDR DIMMS with x 16 (data bus - 16 bit)
    memory modules are not supported in this motherboard".
    So, are my Corsair value select memory modules (not bad ones, by any means)
    as described above?
    Can I install them in the P5P800 SE motherboard, without fear of damaging
    anything?
    What negative symptoms can I expect to get, if any?
    Answers to my questions will be very wellcome.
    Although I appreciate _all_ replies, an answer from Paul will make my day.
    I have read previous threads on memory in this group, but they are not
    sufficiently relevant in this particular case.

    Thanks in advance.

    Sylvain.

    Sylvain VAN DER WALDE, Jul 4, 2006