    modifications 2) yes, it can be done but you must re-build the bootblock or
    path_to_inst 3) no, it can't be done.

    Any assistance would be appreciated.

    xverdb, May 18, 2004

  2. xverdb

    Chris Morgan Guest

    Instead of moving disks, why not set up an encrypted VPN and rsync the
    files across the internet?
    --
    Chris Morgan
    "Post posting of policy changes by the boss will result in

    - anonymous correspondent

    Chris Morgan, May 18, 2004

  3. xverdb

    spook Guest

    Hardware is the same, both disks should be SCSI SCA Ultra320.
    If your going to replace the boot disk as well it won't work as the
    platform is different. The V440 is a new platform and different
    inplementation and require all sorts of drivers to run.

    But if you just place your data on a separate file system on a
    individual disk this should work when inserting in a V440

    For least problems, both source and target systems need to be the same
    OS level eg Sol8 -> Sol8. If your source system is a Veritas file
    system then your target requires Veritas. If your source disks
    comprises a RAID volume then that will be trickier I would not advise
    it unless you know what your doing.

    On the V440 insert the disks from the v240 in the empty slots and do a
    `drvconfig` and then `disks` or a `devfsadm -C` (Sol8 and up). Do a
    fsck on the new device partitions then mount the new files system.

    Hope this helps

    spook, Jun 4, 2004