    Is there any reason this woudl not work, beside the fact it will of course
    be less mobil?

    Thank you....

    Stan Rudnick, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Stan Rudnick

    Ben Myers Guest

    Why would an internal hard drive cost MORE than an external one? Yes, the
    external drive is undoubtedly a 3.5" form factor, less expensive than your usual
    2.5" notebook drive. But you are also paying for the USB external case, which
    offsets in part the cost difference between different sizes of drives. I would
    suggest looking again at prices for 2.5" drives. Especially after reading the
    following, you may decide to make do with a 2.5" drive of lesser capacity.

    There are several potential issues with using only an external USB drive.
    First, does your notebook computer support booting up from an external USB
    drive? Check to see if the BIOS supports this. Next, can you restore or
    install the Windows (or do you run Linux?) operating system using an external
    USB drive? The answer to this, I leave to people who've tried and either
    suceeded or failed in the attempt... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Aug 25, 2004

  3. Stan Rudnick

    BigJIm Guest

    you could have problems booting not sure if you can set the bios to boot
    from USB.
    If you can't then you will have to hit the f12 key to boot one time and
    everytime after that.
    Good LUck

    BigJIm, Aug 29, 2004