    will not open a new browser window on the desktop.

    Is there a way I can enable the opening of a new window on the desktop
    when other Firefox browser windows are minimized?

    Hotspur, May 18, 2006

  2. Hotspur

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    It's a long running problem with Firefox. You also get the same problem
    if a download dialogue is open and you close all the browser windows,
    you then can't open a new one until the download box is closed.

    Andy Hewitt, May 18, 2006

  3. Hotspur

    dio Guest

    I too have not encountered that problem.
    I'm on safari rignt now with ff browser window and a dowload window
    minimized.
    apple+tab to ff
    apple+n
    I get a new browser window on the desktop.
    ?

    dio, May 19, 2006
  4. Hotspur

    Hotspur Guest

    dio

    The problem appears to be route-specific.
    The shortcuts you suggested (1) apple+tab to Firefox, and (2) apple+n,
    DO work under certain circumstances (and they will be useful
    workaraounds for the problem, thank you).

    However, there is a problem in Firefox.
    Try the following:
    Once in ff, minimize the browser window to the dock, using the yellow
    button.
    Click File/New Window.
    Result: no new widow.

    Hotspur, May 19, 2006
  5. Hotspur

    Hotspur Guest

    Hi Madwen

    See my response to dio, below.

    Hotspur, May 19, 2006
  6. Hotspur

    Hotspur Guest

    Andy
    What do you make of the postings by the other two correspondents in
    this string (i.e., dio & Madwen) - to the effect that they don't have
    this problem?
    By the way, I'm using Firefox 1.0.5.3.
    Also, I've found several mentions of this problem on the web.

    Hotspur, May 19, 2006