Using ice-cubes to cool cpu ? Plausible ?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, Dec 5, 2009.

  1. Hello,

    I met this nigga online was... we were playing Civilization 3 Conquest which
    makes the cpu run very hot... and ofcourse naturally I was kicking his
    ass...

    But the nigga start lagging as usual... and after asking him why the nigga
    start lagging he said:

    "I cool my cpu with ice cubes" and "I have to put new ice cubes on my cpu".

    Now normally people might not believe such a story (?)

    But, I, Skybuck am crazy and experienced enough to take such a story
    seriously and possibly believe it ?! ;)

    Especially because I have seen crazy, experienced crazy things, have stuck
    with hardware into my own PC and know that the world is one crazy fucked up
    place ?!

    Add to the fact that's it's fricking 40 fucking degrees in
    motherniggafockking afrika and me thinking that intel cpu's and amd's cpu
    cannot work in africa simply because they would melt the motherboard... so
    cpu's could actually work but the motherboard won't...

    So I am thinking... it must suck to be a nigga-nerd... love computers... and
    then having to deal with all this heat ?!? I am taking 40 degree celcius
    motherfucka's !?!?!?

    So I believe this motherfucker when he says he's putting ICE cubes on his
    cpu ?!?

    But I am not sure... he could be pulling my leg... but on the other hand...

    Some crazy bitches out there in the western world... even use "cold/cooled
    nitrogen" to "super cool" chips...

    So see.. it not so crazy after all...

    Nigga just dont have excees to nitrogen.. but nigga might have ice cubes...

    So maybe nigga might something special around his cpu.. to prevent water
    from going over motherboard ?!?!?

    Or maybe nigga is simply using some kind of water solution and using ice
    cubes instead ?!?

    What you guys think does this sound plausible ?!?

    It sure does to me...

    But anyway... I banned that fucking nigga' for lagging the game a long time
    ago...

    But I still seem him around... sometimes his IP changes...

    Maybe next I play with this nigga.. one more round... to ask him if it's
    true or not...

    And ofcourse the stupid nigga must make a PPPIICTURE ! of it ! to prove
    it... once and for it....

    I am afraid the nigga doesn't have a photocamera ?! But I won't take as an
    answer... nigga better go get an camera...

    Otherwise I sent him a cheap one for FREE ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA =D

    (Maybe we need to start cooling our cpu's soon with motherfricking ICE cubes
    soon ?! GJEEEEEE)

    Bye,
    Skybuck ;) =D

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 5, 2009

  2. Skybuck Flying

    Baron Guest

    I used to have a client that used a heatsink that had refrigerated water
    pumped through it. He reckoned that it was the condensation that was
    the big problem.

    Baron, Dec 5, 2009

  3. You have to make the ice cubes out of heavy water, the tritium kind.

    a7yvm109gf5d1, Dec 6, 2009
  4. Skybuck Flying

    PerryFeral Guest

    Your friend was right!!! Not only plausible but possible.

    I've been doing it for years. Just make sure to put duct tape around
    all the openings of the case so the water doesn't run out and spoil
    your carpet.

    Perry

    PerryFeral, Dec 6, 2009
  5. Skybuck Flying

    ~misfit~ Guest

    I've heard that it's best if you seal your case, fill it with water and put
    the whole thing in the freezer every night. Make sure to leave a small air
    gap at the top to allow for expansion as the water freezes.

    ~misfit~, Dec 7, 2009
  6. Hmmm...

    Nigga might as well place his whole PC in the freezer and be done with it
    ?!?

    Or would that cause some kind of problem ? ;)

    Maybe his freezer or fridge was too tiny ?!?

    Or maybe he needs it for his food ?! ;) :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck ;) =D

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 7, 2009
  7. Skybuck Flying

    Craig Sutton Guest

    grow up you dumbfuck racist

    Craig Sutton, Dec 7, 2009
  8. Lyphilized ones are perfect for that purpose !

    M.

    Argentobarbus, Dec 7, 2009
  9. "I cool my cpu with ice cubes" and "I have to put new ice cubes on my cpu".
    All you need to do is to create a desert (with zero moisture) around the
    PC! :)

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.32

    Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps), Dec 7, 2009
  10. Skybuck Flying

    Tom Lake Guest

    I'd rather freeze-dry it. 8^)

    Ice is too warm anyway. I have a tank of liquid nitrogen
    into which I immerse my system.
    Not only does it keep it cool, but an added benefit is
    that I can remove the wall plug and the system runs
    on super conductive electron flow. I save on my
    electric bill that way.

    Tom "Frosty" Lake

    Tom Lake, Dec 7, 2009