    Does anyone have any info they can point me to regarding this?

    Thanks!
    Liam

    news, Aug 10, 2005

  2. news

    Bob Tennent Guest

    http://www.gtkpod.org/about.html

    Bob Tennent, Aug 10, 2005

  3. http://www.gtkpod.org/

    Duke Robillard, Aug 10, 2005
  4. Err.. I Googled on "Linux iPod", and the first page of results included
    "Using an iPod with Linux", at
    <http://pag.csail.mit.edu/~adonovan/hacks/ipod.html>, a detailed
    step-by-step guide. Where were you searching?

    Tom Harrington, Aug 10, 2005
  5. ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.misc.]
    ? Make sure ohci1394 and sbp2 (for Firewire) or ehci_hcd (for USB2) are
    modprobed. Plug iPod in using USB2 or Firewire. "mount /dev/sda2
    /mnt/ipod". Start gtkpod. Profit!
    Google://"ipod linux" returns that sort of thing, true. If you're
    looking for a Linux program that does $THING or works with $HARDWARE,
    the thing to do is to go to http://freshmeat.net/ or
    http://sourceforge.net/ and search that site for $THING or $HARDWARE .
    Doing a freshmeat search on "ipod" and filtering the results by eyeball
    to exclude OS X programs gives you gtkpod. HTH,

    Dances With Crows, Aug 10, 2005
  6. news

    Keith Keller Guest

    I too googled Linux iPod, and that link was fifth down, not first.
    The OP still should have found it, though.

    --keith

    Keith Keller, Aug 10, 2005
  7. <posted & mailed>

    You want something like GtkPod? There are several iPod interface apps for
    Linux, check freshmeat.net

    James McIninch, Aug 10, 2005
  8. news

    news Guest

    Wow, what a lot of responses! Thanks!
    Yes, GtkPod looks great! Seems to work great...although I'm having a
    problem with syncing the files from the PC to the iPod...looks like
    write permission issue.
    ::shrug:: I'll figure it out.
    Thanks!!
    Liam
    PS: I swear, I went through three pages of Google and all I could find
    were references to running Linux on iPod. I may have skipped a few that
    the description blurb looked like the same thing, though. And GtkPod
    may have been one of those.

    news, Aug 10, 2005
  10. Paxson Jackson, Aug 11, 2005