Using laptop overseas

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Will Ranaker, Mar 6, 2006.

  1. Will Ranaker

    Will Ranaker Guest

    I'm planning to spend a couple weeks in Portugal and Spain. I'd like
    to take my Inspiron 8200 laptop with.
    I've checked the power supply (PA-1900-05D) and see that it calls for
    input voltage of 110-240 V at 50-60 Hz. so. . . Am I correct in
    assuming that I can simply get an adaptor for the plug to fit a
    European outlet and all should be fine? I don't need a converter to
    transform the voltage?
    This is my first trip overseas with a laptop and don't want a nasty
    surprise, don't want to fry my laptop.
    Thanks in advance.

    Will Ranaker, Mar 6, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. Yeah, you're correct, you just need a plug adapter; the voltage
    regulator on your AC adapter will take care of the conversion. I had
    inadvertently used a converter in front of my AC adapter on previous
    laptop and it didn't do any permanent damage (but the machine definitely
    ran hotter when I did that).
    Nicholas Andrade, Mar 6, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. FYI, I believe Spain uses (about) 220v.
    Alice Skutbucket, Mar 6, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.