    macOS? Is there a seperate IP for the virtual PC?

    Or will they have to keep one PC for this one share?

    There is no server in the network. The Sonicwall handles DHCP.

    tonypags314, Oct 18, 2007

  2. tonypags314

    ric Guest

    Yes, XP hosted in Parallels will do this fine. You can share out a
    portion of XP's virtual hard disk to the network. This is a file
    stored on your Mac hard disk that Parallels mounts as a virtual hard
    disk for Windows. Whilst Parallels is running this XP volume is also
    available from the OS X environment as a mounted disk.
    The virtual instance of XP will have a separate IP address with the
    default networking setup in Parallels.

    Sounds a bit of a clunky setup, though. Isn't it worth keeping a PC
    or two running to act as networked storage, rather than binning them?

    Ric

    ric, Oct 18, 2007

  3. tonypags314

    tonypags314 Guest

    Yeah, I also think they should keep the PC. I told them that. But
    he's all excited about switching to all macs.
    Thanks for your input.

    tonypags314, Oct 18, 2007