    i was thinking VNC with no display, input only, but havent been able to
    locate a server/client with that ability. using vnc with a display is way
    to slow. any info would be appreciated!

    Compn, Oct 4, 2003

  2. Compn

    Chris H. Guest

    An "old touchscreen tablet" isn't the same as today's Tablet PCs. Without
    knowing even the brand or what operating system it is running, it is
    difficult to even discuss possibilities. I suggest you do a search at
    www.google.com for the brand you have, and then look around the various web
    sites for information.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Oct 4, 2003

  3. Compn

    Compn Guest

    blah, i've googled for a while now, i've talked to vnc developers, i've
    talked in windows help channels, i've asked in tablet pc forums. it runs
    win95/win98. how about some possibilities? remote control mouse? anything?
    ideas?

    its a fujitsu point 510, 100mhz, 54mb ram, 2gig hd. would like to connect
    it to win2k over tcp/ip.

    "today's Tablet PCs." arent any different from old tablets, they all have a
    screen (albiet pressure sensitive now), a pen, software, processor, ram. i
    know i was vague about it, but this is a _windows_ tablet pc newsgroup...

    Compn, Oct 4, 2003
  4. The Windows Tablet PC has a defined implementation of hardware & software.
    You're asking how to turn a different hardware configuration into something
    resembling what most people on this newsgroup already take for granted.

    Mike Williams [MVP], Oct 4, 2003
  5. Compn

    Chris H. Guest

    Comparing today's Tablet PCs to whatever you have is like saying a 1963
    Porsche 1600/SC is comparable to a 2004 Porsche Carrera GT. Might be called
    the "same," but they're totally different. :cool:

    Now, that said, I'm sure if you visit the Wacom web site, you'll find
    compatible products for Windows 98, and looking around probably find ways to
    network the machine.

    However, we don't support those products, nor your version of a "tablet" in
    this newsgroup. We support the current crop of Tablet PCs here, running a
    minimum of 256 MB RAM, the Windows XP Tablet PC edition, and the
    specifically designed integration of hardware and software.

    Chris H., Oct 4, 2003