    how the pinout of the programming interface looks like ??

    TIA
    /Rob

    robert.bielik, Nov 16, 2006

  2. robert.bielik

    Ken Asbury Guest

    Rob,

    I have a couple of H8S/2144 kits, complete with schematics,
    CDs and programming boards, left over from circa 2002-3
    that PBL hasn't yet marked for the dumpster.

    I don't have time to examine how they might relate to your
    H8S/26xx but might anything in them be of any help?

    Regards,
    Ken

    Ken Asbury, Nov 16, 2006

  3. On 16 Nov, in article
    <>
    Which used the RS232 (Com port) interface.
    E8 uses a JTAG 'like' interface, which I don't remember that device
    supporting.
    I doubt you can get the E8 to talk to the H8S/26xx, what you need to do
    is make a RS232 to TTL converter board and add the following

    1/ Manual jumpers to select boot mode onto the connector
    2/ A reset switch to the connector pin

    If needed I can search around for what the connector is as the onboard
    micro, will be difficult to clone.

    Download FDT or similar and just programme the device from a PC Com port
    having set jumpers for boot mode and reset the CPU.

    This will work for most H8 or H8S or other micros, the HMSE-UPB was
    an abomination of closed single source, short life time.

    Paul Carpenter, Nov 16, 2006
  4. Hi Paul,
    In the FDT manual, the E8 can be set in E8Direct mode, where it has
    regular TxD/RxD pins, along with general purpose outputs to set the MPU
    in BOOT mode and to activate the FWE pin. This requires you to specify
    in FDT what the output pins should be set to in BOOT mode and RESET
    mode (which I still don't really know what it is).

    Anyways 1, I tried it and the E8 has not been able to connect to the
    MPU, but I'm not sure yet if it is my fault or not, my guess is the
    former.

    Anyways 2, any schematic for the programming interface port for a
    H8S/26xx or even the 21xx series would be helpful.

    Also, on our board, there is a pin on the prog-iface (used with the
    UPB) called "PMode" and it is connected to P17 on the MPU. But in the
    MPU manual, I cannot see this pin having anything to do with
    programming, so why this pin is there really bakes my noodles...

    /Rob

    robert.bielik, Nov 17, 2006
  5. Hi Ken,
    Might very well be. Do you have the possibility to send the schematics
    by mail?

    Regards,
    /Rob

    robert.bielik, Nov 17, 2006