Using Time Machine With Multiple Accounts in Mac OS X 10.5.8 on athree years old MacBook Pro...

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Ant, Jun 18, 2011.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Hello.

    I am a Mac OS X 10.5.8 newbie and would like to ask a few questions
    about Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine feature. There is an external 500
    GB HDD to do backups with it once in a while (not daily or often). Also,
    there are multiple accounts (administrator and limited) since two people
    use this MacBook Pro.

    Is it better to let Mac OS X's Time Machine do backups with each of the
    account logged in and out (e.g., limited logged in and administrator
    logged out) for both users?

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    "Stan, are you OK?" --Francine; "Yeah. Hey, you look like ants from down
    here. Wait, wait, those are just ants on my eyes..." --Stan from

    Ant, Jun 18, 2011

  2. Ant

    Király Guest

    If neither of your user accounts are using FileVault, It doesn't matter.
    Time Machine will backup everything, all accounts, whether logged in or not.

    FileVaulted accounts need to be logged out before Time Machine will back
    them up.

    Király, Jun 19, 2011

  3. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Awesome! I am glad the non-administrator accounts can back up fully! I
    was concerned that it couldn't.

    Ah, we don't use that.
    --
    "I'm not afraid of insects taking over the world, and you know why? It
    would take about a million ants just to aim a gun at me, let alone fire

    Ant, Jun 19, 2011