    I have otherwise several years of practice with True image on several different Dell
    systems.
    It is the first time I have trouble with it.

    getdion, Nov 27, 2007

  2. getdion

    Rich/rerat Guest

    ,
    I also bought Disk Director Suite 10 when I bought my copy of True Image 10.
    It has a feature to reestablish deleted partitions. And for anyone using
    TrueImage, make sure that you "Validate" your backup copy of the partition.
    Hate thinking you have a working backup, and it does not work the first time
    to use it.

    --
    Rich/rerat
    (RRR News) <message rule>

    True Image works all right as far as you make images of your system
    partition. For me it
    took 6 min. to make the image. it was compressed to a reasonable size: 3.1
    GB.
    But when trying a restore, True image froze half way.
    Result: my system partition was changed to unallocated space !.

    So the only thing to do was to spent a few hours making a Vista clean
    install and
    reinstalling drivers and everything.
    This was problemless. May be that was good practising.
    But not recommendable for busy people.....

    Rich/rerat, Nov 27, 2007