Using XP with new install?

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by pheasant16, Aug 13, 2010.

  1. pheasant16

    pheasant16 Guest

    AMD Athlon II X3
    MSI 980 mobo
    DDR3 memory

    can't imagine other peripherals would matter, but will have a sata hd,
    dvd burner, pci modem and old pci soundblaster if I can make it work.

    Have both XP and Win 7 disks. Most of my programs are 5+ years old, and
    made for XP. Still partial to XP after using both.

    Will be a replacement for 8 yo desktop.

    Most stressful task will be streaming online video to a HDTV.

    What I've read seems XP drivers are still pretty much included and not
    difficult to install.

    Pointers on above ponderings appreciated.

    Thanks

    Mark

    pheasant16, Aug 13, 2010