    It would be nice if somebody could reply as soon as possible.

    Regards
    Nithin

    Nithin, Apr 29, 2005

  2. Hi Nithin,

    It depends. Look inside the datasheets of your utopia transmitter and
    receiver to see the timing requirements. If I'm looking e.g. in my
    IXP425 datasheet at AC characteristics I can find the recommended
    setup/hold time requirements for the UTOPIA receiver. With these values
    I can go to the transmitter timings and calculate the reserve between
    transmitter timing and receiver timing and the rest is available for
    everything that happens (bad edges, length differences between clock and
    signals, ...) between transmitter and receiver.

    I hope this helps,

    Michael

    PS: Remove the ABC chars to get my correct e-mail.

    Michael Schmid, May 2, 2005

  3. Nithin

    john bogus Guest

    An inch or two is not going to make much of a difference if you ar
    talking about uotopia level 1/2 (50 Mhz). You will have more of
    problem on the higher speed utopia busses. You will however need t
    watch clock distribution

    john bogus, May 3, 2005