    I updated the ALOM firmware to v1.5.3 and that didn't fix it.

    thanks for any suggestions,
    Jonathan

    Jonathan Sturges, Feb 21, 2005

  2. Jonathan Sturges

    Scott Howard Guest

    It's a feature. In fact, it's actually listed in the original design
    spec for the ALOMs. It's done this way to keep backwards compatibility -
    previously you can always presume that if you connect to the serial
    console you'll get a writeable console, so ALOM tries to keep that the
    same (The exception being when it's in use after a -f, but there's nothing
    which can be done about that).

    There have been a number of RFEs raised to have the behaviour changed,
    but at this stage it's not clear if it will be changed or it.

    So for now, just get used to typing 'console -f' every time...

    Scott

    Scott Howard, Feb 22, 2005

  3. Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks for the info., I guess I feel a little
    better understanding the "why" of it.

    -Jonathan

    Jonathan Sturges, Feb 22, 2005