V880 to Rent with Intent to Purchase

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by paddy_nyr, Jan 16, 2004.

  1. paddy_nyr

    paddy_nyr Guest

    Hi,

    I'm looking for the following machine to do benchmark testing for our
    production environment. I'm looking to rent for 1 month or 2 months or 3
    months with the intent to buy if the machine can meet our needs.

    Anyone interested please email me your quotes.

    Thanks

    Qty. Description

    1 SFV880 Sun Fire V880 Server configured with:

    8 - 900-GHz UltraSPARC III Processors with 8MB Cache

    16 - GB Memory

    1 - DVD-ROM 10 Drive

    1 - Gigabit Ethernet Ports

    1 - 10/100BASE-T Self-Sensing Ethernet Port

    6 - 73-GB 10000 RPM FC-AL Disk Drives

    3 - 1500-Watt Power Supplies

    Total: $52,850.00

    paddy_nyr, Jan 16, 2004

  2. paddy_nyr

    Keith Kris Guest

    Talk to your sales rep. Depending on how much business you do with
    sun, they may be able to provide you a system for testing for free/low
    cost. We get demo equipment all the time where I work. (of course we
    purchase over a million dollars of equipment a year, which helps.)

    Keith Kris, Jan 16, 2004