    2200+ to use with it. However, the motherboard defaults to the lower
    of the processor's 2 multipliers (6x), and I can't find a setting in
    the bios to change the multiplier. Is this possible?

    Jacque_Strapp, Dec 30, 2004

  2. It was daring to put that cpu in such a discount motherboard.

    http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

    adjust 6.75x systembus (or 13.5x multiplier), 13.5x133.3=1800 MHz.

    One can use socket view. Find some telephone cable. Use small pieces
    of wire and put them in holes of the socket.

    That will cheat the motherboard to any desired multiplier.

    best regards

    John

    JK (at mail dot dk), Dec 30, 2004

  3. I've always had good experiences with Abit's boards, so far the VA-10
    has worked well. I don't need it to do much.
    Thanks for the info. I actually found a piece of software, RightMark
    CPU Clock, that will adjust the CPU multiplier from within Windows,
    and do it automatically based on the machine's CPU load:

    http://cpu.rightmark.org/

    It works great so far.

    Jacque_Strapp, Jan 4, 2005