    I cant get anything to work really that is supposed to for it ....

    do i need to update the BIOs ? its a fairly new board so i would hope that
    wouldnt matter and the SP1 ihas been updated too...

    ERIC SHAIK, Jan 30, 2005

  2. If its not working send it back for a refund.

    gtoomey

    Gregory Toomey, Jan 30, 2005

  3. ERIC  SHAIK

    ERIC SHAIK Guest

    k this is a brand new beard with all the f'fresh car smell' to it ...
    another new board wont work either !

    i'm just wondering if anybody else has the csame problems

    ERIC SHAIK, Jan 30, 2005
  4. Dont top post, use a spell checker, and you have not stated in detail what
    the problem is. Maybe its working perfectly. What are the symptoms?

    gtoomey

    Gregory Toomey, Jan 30, 2005
  5. Eh? Any chance you could try that again Eric, preferably so that we actually
    have a clue what you're asking?
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Jan 30, 2005
  6. PMSL, please tell us that was deliberate... :-D

    Richard Hopkins, Jan 30, 2005
  7. ERIC  SHAIK

    Leon Rowell Guest

    We allow top posting in this news group.... :^)
    Have a nice day.

    Leon Rowell

    Leon Rowell, Jan 30, 2005
  8. ERIC  SHAIK

    ERIC SHAIK Guest

    Greggy poo-bear,

    If you would have read the line entitled "Subject:" .. you would have
    noticed that I stated

    "any working monitors/ utilities/tweak programs ?"

    Which, in lamen terms, means - the hardware monitor - this is a thing ( a
    piece of software you run on your computer after your operating system [
    also known as O/S ] boots ) ...
    The purpose of the hardware monitor (commonl abbreviated as HM) is to
    indicate such physical quantities as :

    TEMPERATURE
    AND
    RPM.
    The temperature is of the CPU (Central Processing Unit) core ( or center ).
    Also the ambient ( or average air molecule) temp. where the temp. sensor
    ( diode ) exists on the motherboard ( aka mobo) -- this is called the CASE
    TEMPERATURE.

    I don't think I have to explain RPM; of the case fan or of the CPU fan.

    There are also bus speed changers as well as CPU frequency adjusters. These
    are software utilities for getting the best performance out of your
    motherboard. And for the ABIT VA-20 mobo, I have not been successful in
    executing any monitors/utilities from the ABIT website
    using the Windows XP O/S with 512MB RAM ( 32 utilized for video). This is
    on a 1.6 GHz
    Pelereno (sp?) Palermo ?.. ..

    Are wit me now Greggy ?

    ERIC SHAIK, Jan 30, 2005
  9. ERIC  SHAIK

    ERIC SHAIK Guest

    Richard,
    I don't know what PMSL stands for but I do use a different key layout
    and I saw the typo of 'beard' instead of 'board,' thought it was funny,
    knew others would agree as such and thus left it alone....

    ERIC SHAIK, Jan 30, 2005
  10. "ERIC SHAIK" wrote in message...
    PMSL stands for "Pissing myself laughing" Eric, and the reason I said it was
    that Gregory was trying to take the piss out of your spelling, but in the
    same sentence proving unable to use simple punctuation. Ergo, his criticism
    seemed somewhat hypocritical - and funny.

    Richard Hopkins, Jan 30, 2005
  11. Cool your jets Eric. Gregory's criticism of your spelling may be somewhat
    misplaced seeing as he's no grammatical angel himself, but his core point is
    correct. Your question was badly/incompletely written, and virtually
    impossible to understand.

    I don't care whether you use a "different keyboard layout", and I doubt many
    others will either. If you want a specific answer to a specific question,
    it's in your own interests to express yourself as clearly as you can.

    <further condescention snipped>

    There's no reason why Abit EQ shouldn't work. Motherboard Monitor also
    supports the KM400.

    Richard Hopkins, Jan 30, 2005
  12. ERIC  SHAIK

    ERIC SHAIK Guest

    yes -- i got the abit manager running ... however , what do you do with it ?
    it's a little icon tray .. and i cant open it or anything !!
    ABIT EQ , however upon execution says 'open file error' .. and then
    loses - so that seems to do nothing for me as well ..
    (something for me would be temps, rpm's , etc) ...

    Also, if you go to the ABIT usa website and go to the support and downloads
    and then utilities:
    The VA-10 is listed but the VA-20 is not ' ..

    this is what is listed for your ref. :

    a.. Revision 1.1.1.2
    a.. Models:
    a.. BD7III / BE7 / BE7II / BH-71
    b.. IC7 / IC7-G / IC7-MAX3
    c.. IS7 / IS7-E / IS7-E2 / IS7-G / IS7-M / IS7-V / IS7-V2
    d.. KD7A / KV7 / VA-10 / VI7 / VT7
    e.. NF7-S / NF7 / NF7-M
    f.. NF7-S / NF7 v2.0
    a.. File size: 2.12MB
    a.. MD5sum: 39dd87a8672c34f930a0849a2de0e1e3

    I did get MBM5 to work but this of course is not from ABIT .

    Thanks Richard --
    do you know Tom Hopkins ? I think he is a motivational sales speaker.

    Isn't there a famous Hopkins college of medicine ? Yes, John Hopkins.

    ERIC SHAIK, Jan 31, 2005