    10GB system, used only to access Internet. One solution I can think of is
    installing USB-COM converters - but - VA-503+ requires a special card for USB?
    Anyway, I think that there must be hope...

    uav, Jan 14, 2004

  2. uav

    Kyle Brant Guest

    A Belkin brand USB rear panel connector works nicely for the USB
    connections, it's about $10 US, the "custom" rear panel connector from
    FIC is not required.

    If you don't have a soldering iron, find someone to help you, the
    serial cables are not that difficult to rewire. Or, there are places
    to purchase the correct serial cables. A google search should bear
    fruit on the correct wiring for the 503+ serial cables.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle
    | Hi!
    |
    | I have bought second-hand FIC VA-503+ (version 1.13JK, IIRC)
    mainboard.
    | I had some problems with bringing it to life (it didn't want to work
    until
    | I connected CPU fan to it - I though it was rather new feature for
    this
    | board). However, I can't get both my external V.Everything modem and
    | serial mouse to work. Mouse just doesn't react to anything, modem
    answers
    | something like ' x[A' (I don't remember exactly) to 'AT' command.
    Both modem
    | and mouse are working fine on other PCs.
    |
    | I have read that VA-503+'s serial cables are nonstandard. I used
    cables from
    | my old GA-586HX board; if this statement is true, my situation is
    rather
    | hopeless - I've bought VA-503+ to upgrade my old P166MMX/64MB
    SIMM/430HX/S3/

    Kyle Brant, Jan 14, 2004