VA-503+ MB copying partitions from HD1 to HD2

Discussion in 'FIC' started by G. Adams, May 17, 2005.

  1. G. Adams

    G. Adams Guest

    Hello,

    Hope there's a guru(s) around.

    I've purchased two WD80GB drives in the past. Recently purchased
    a WD120GB drive. All drives are 'JB' type. All 7200RPM rabbits.

    Using 'Copy Commander' I copied entire WD80GB to new WD120GB. Transfer
    rate approached 200MB/min. Same applied when copying WD80GB to
    secondary WD80GB. Satisfied with that transfer rate.

    Recently, I tried to use Copy Commander to copy WD120GB partitions to
    secondary WD80GB drive. Transfer rate was surprisingly only 75MB/min.

    Any clues/suggestions at troubleshooting the cause?

    CPU is K6-550, Memory is 392MB, MB is FIC VA-503+ with JE4333 BIOS,

    UDMA is BIOS detected for each HD,

    Thanks for any replys,

    G.

    G. Adams, May 17, 2005