[va-503+] what "irq steering tab" ?

Discussion in 'FIC' started by reader, Jul 3, 2004.

  1. reader

    reader Guest

    I just finished reading about 100 articles
    all saying that the way to enable irq steering
    in Windows 98 is

    Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> System

    then select the Device Manager tab

    then highlight PCI Bus under System Devices

    the click the Properties button

    and then select ***the IRQ Steering tab***

    but there isn't any IRQ Steering tab!

    How can this be?

    Has the IRQ Steering tab been moved?

    Doesn't the 503+ support IRQ Steering?

    Totally confused.

    Thanks.

    Bill

    reader, Jul 3, 2004

  2. reader

    Kylesb Guest

    Seems to me that there is a problem with the old award BIOS (ver 4.51
    as I recall) and having USB enabled with the MVP3 chipset, Windows is
    unable to get the IRQ info (routing table maybe) from the BIOS, thus
    IRQ steering does not work. If you disable USB, IRQ steering should
    work. My cobwebs are getting thicker these days tho, search google
    for "mvp3 chipset irq steering" and see what ya find.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Kylesb, Jul 3, 2004