    to have a non-USB keyboard).

    (2) *Read and Heed* error message about F7 and non-ACPI-compliant BIOS.

    Bill

    Guest, Jul 12, 2007

  2. Guest

    Roger Hunt Guest

    no-spam wrote
    I don't want to predict too much, but I wonder if I might expect the
    same or similar behaviour from a PA-2013?

    Roger Hunt, Jul 12, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Well, there's only only way to find out. ;

    p.s. Apparently, Windows 2000 will not detect or correctly install
    an Apple (ALPS Electric) USB Keyboard unless the VIA US filter patch --
    which as of this date was still available
    -- has been installed.

    p.p.s Is a PA-2013 an AT board or an ATX? How many PCI slots does it
    have? I love my old VA503+ but I *really* need to install a USB 2.0
    adapter and for that I need more than 3 PCI slots.

    Cheers, Bill

    Guest, Jul 13, 2007
  4. Guest

    Roger Hunt Guest

    no-spam wrote
    That is true, and I do have a spare copy of W2k ....
    The PA-2013 is really (as far as I can make out) the ATX version of the
    503+, but it does have 4 PCI slots.
    2013 Manuals can be downloaded here :
    http://www.fic.com.tw/support/motherboard/document.aspx?model_id=18

    Roger Hunt, Jul 13, 2007
  5. Guest

    Kyle Guest

    Hey Roger:

    Ya want another 2013 system (fully stocked?). Make me an offer. An
    attorney/client friend dropped by and gave me the system since she had
    upgraded her puters a couple of years ago. Has a 4 or 5 gig HD in it
    I think running win98se. She also gave me a 1.2G Tbird system, which
    I think I'll keep unless someone wants to make an offer on that one.
    It works nicely, has an Asus mobo with Magic chipset.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle
    | no-spam wrote
    | >apropos Message-ID: <EXG5a.67878$>
    | >
    | >Problem: Win2000 install hangs halfway through 'Installing
    Devices'.

    Kyle, Jul 14, 2007
  6. Guest

    Roger Hunt Guest

    Kyle wrote
    What a pity I'm in the UK, but thanks for the offer ...

    Really a 2013 is still a saleable item, and I'm pretty sure you could
    sell it on ebay.

    Roger Hunt, Jul 16, 2007
  7. Guest

    student Guest

    Not true. I just now reinstalled Windows 2000 but didn't install
    aforesaid "filter patch". Then, after re-enabling USB in the BIOS, I
    simply reconnected my USB keyboard, rebooted, and presto! -- here I am,
    happily pecking away on it.
    Cheers,
    -- Citizen X

    student, Aug 3, 2007
  8. Guest

    Nathan Bean Guest

    what ever did you decide about the 1.2G Tbird system?

    I seemed to 'ave killed my FIC AE31 yesterday... nothing boots... no
    error codes... just get a blank screen on three different monitors...

    Nathan Bean, Aug 3, 2007
  9. Guest

    Kyle Guest

    | Kyle wrote:
    | > Hey Roger:
    | >
    | > Ya want another 2013 system (fully stocked?). Make me an offer.
    An
    | > attorney/client friend dropped by and gave me the system since she
    had
    | > upgraded her puters a couple of years ago. Has a 4 or 5 gig HD in
    it
    | > I think running win98se. She also gave me a 1.2G Tbird system,
    which
    | > I think I'll keep unless someone wants to make an offer on that
    one.
    | > It works nicely, has an Asus mobo with Magic chipset.
    |
    | what ever did you decide about the 1.2G Tbird system?
    |
    | I seemed to 'ave killed my FIC AE31 yesterday... nothing boots... no
    | error codes... just get a blank screen on three different
    monitors...
    | --

    Make me an offer.

    Kyle, Aug 7, 2007
  10. Guest

    Nathan Bean Guest

    which asus mobo does it ha

    Nathan Bean, Aug 7, 2007
  11. Guest

    Kyle Guest

    Asus a7a266 using ALI m1647 Northbridge, m1535D southbridge chipsets

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    | > An
    | > had
    HD in
    | > it
    | > which
    | > one.
    | > |

    Kyle, Aug 7, 2007
  12. Guest

    Nathan Bean Guest

    okay... its a seven year old board... where are you located? i'm in
    washington dc

    Nathan Bean, Aug 8, 2007
  13. Guest

    Kyle Guest

    | Kyle wrote:
    | > Asus a7a266 using ALI m1647 Northbridge, m1535D southbridge
    chipsets

    | okay... its a seven year old board... where are you located? i'm in
    | washington dc

    Heh, I'm in Indianapolis, so pickup looks to be a long sojourn. I was
    closer last week (we were in Myrtle Beach) but alas, vacation time is
    now over.

    Kyle, Aug 8, 2007
  14. Guest

    Nathan Bean Guest

    hope you enjoyed the beach... we usually go to oak island just north of
    there...

    ahh. sorry you are so far away...

    Nathan Bean, Aug 8, 2007
  15. Guest

    sean bean Guest

    and then this should have read:

    i want a windows 98 capable motherboard... are you using that computer
    at all?

    nate

    sean bean, Aug 8, 2007
  16. Guest

    Kyle Guest

    | Nathan Bean wrote:
    | >> chipsets

    | >> |
    i'm in
    | >> |

    | >> Heh, I'm in Indianapolis, so pickup looks to be a long sojourn.
    I was
    | >> closer last week (we were in Myrtle Beach) but alas, vacation
    time is
    | >> now over.
    | >
    | > hope you enjoyed the beach... we usually go to oak island just
    north of
    | > there...
    | >
    | > ahh. sorry you are so far away...
    |
    | and then this should have read:
    |
    | i want a windows 98 capable motherboard... are you using that
    computer
    | at all?
    |
    | nate

    It has win98 on it presently, not using it at all. You get a free
    win98se (I think it's SE) OS with the system.

    Kyle, Aug 9, 2007
  17. Guest

    Roger Hunt Guest

    Kyle wrote
    Kyle, I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I'm in the UK and we are
    several weeks behind.
    It is a pity that the Atlantic Ocean is in the way of easy collection,
    and that I am up to my neck in equipment already, otherwise I'd be very
    tempted, but thanks for the offer.

    The successor to my late lamented 503+ is an Asus a7n8x-x - it has
    served beautifully for not far short of four years, and that I think is
    a pretty good result.

    Roger Hunt, Aug 9, 2007
  18. Guest

    Kyle Guest

    | Kyle wrote
    | >Hey Roger:
    | >
    | >Ya want another 2013 system (fully stocked?). Make me an offer.
    An
    | >attorney/client friend dropped by and gave me the system since she
    had
    | >upgraded her puters a couple of years ago. Has a 4 or 5 gig HD in
    it
    | >I think running win98se. She also gave me a 1.2G Tbird system,
    which
    | >I think I'll keep unless someone wants to make an offer on that
    one.
    | >It works nicely, has an Asus mobo with Magic chipset.
    | >
    | Kyle, I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I'm in the UK and we are
    | several weeks behind.
    | It is a pity that the Atlantic Ocean is in the way of easy
    collection,
    | and that I am up to my neck in equipment already, otherwise I'd be
    very
    | tempted, but thanks for the offer.
    |
    | The successor to my late lamented 503+ is an Asus a7n8x-x - it has
    | served beautifully for not far short of four years, and that I think
    is
    | a pretty good result.
    | --

    Interesting, since I have 2 A7N8X-DLX 2.0 mobo/systems, both are solid
    as a rock performers. One is my gaming rig, the other is my work rig,
    both are nice systems.

    Kyle, Aug 10, 2007
  19. Guest

    Roger Hunt Guest

    Kyle wrote
    Another plus point is this here unlocked Barton-core Athlon 2800+,
    purchased at the same time as the m/board, which overclocks willingly,
    but I keep it well below the Max.
    (Overclocking is a frightful consumer of time, but a terrible hard habit
    to shake off.)

    Roger Hunt, Aug 10, 2007
  20. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Very interesting. I see that quite a few of these boards can be found
    on eBay. Is there a single "best" CPU for the A7N8X-DLX or do you use
    different CPUs in your rigs? Are board versions earlier that 2.0 to be
    avoided?

    -- BillH

    Guest, Aug 10, 2007