[VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved!

Discussion in 'FIC' started by Guest, Jul 12, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Kyle Guest

    | Kyle wrote:
    | > | > |
    | > | The successor to my late lamented 503+ is an Asus a7n8x-x - it
    has
    | > | served beautifully for not far short of four years, and that I
    think
    | > is
    | > | a pretty good result.
    | > | --
    | >

    | > Interesting, since I have 2 A7N8X-DLX 2.0 mobo/systems, both are
    solid
    | > as a rock performers. One is my gaming rig, the other is my work
    rig,
    | > both are nice systems.
    |
    | Very interesting. I see that quite a few of these boards can be
    found
    | on eBay. Is there a single "best" CPU for the A7N8X-DLX or do you
    use
    | different CPUs in your rigs? Are board versions earlier that 2.0 to
    be
    | avoided?

    Get a version 2.0 deluxe A7N8X board as they officially support 200
    MHz FSB. I like a mobile barton CPU in these boards, the 2500 and
    2400 mobile CPUs will overclock to 3200 rated speeds, usually. AQYHA
    seems to ring a bell as to the mobile CPU that works well for
    overclocking. I run one of my mobile bartons at 2300 MHz, the other
    at 2200 MHz, and use 1.65 or 1.675 Vcore as the limiting factor. I
    don't like to go higher with Vcore as temps tend to rapidly increase
    when Vcore is raised above these voltages.

    Kyle, Aug 11, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Fantastic! Kyle, this kind of info is invaluable to me. I can only
    afford to buy a "new" computer one piece at a time, but without a clear
    idea of what I want the end result to be, I've been spinning my wheels
    for months. Thanks a million. Guess I'll mosey on over to see what's
    going on in a.c.p.m.asus these days...

    --BillH

    Guest, Aug 12, 2007

  3. Guest

    nathan bean Guest

    i may find myself in ohio in a few days... portsmouth... way south...

    nathan bean, Aug 21, 2007
  4. Guest

    deep23

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Message

    Hey Roger:

    Ya want another 2013 system (fully stocked?). Make me an offer. An
    attorney/client friend dropped by and gave me the system since she had
    upgraded her puters a couple of years ago. Has a 4 or 5 gig HD in it
    I think running win98se. She also gave me a 1.2G Tbird system, which
    I think I'll keep unless someone wants to make an offer on that one.

    deep23, Jun 10, 2008