    sound device is present. Furthermore, I know both cards work fine, I
    tried them on another machine. I suspect there is some issue with the
    MVP3 chipset and the 4in1 drivers. Any help would be appreciated.

    bluglobe, Jul 17, 2003

  2. bluglobe

    Kyle Brant Guest

    What OS are you running? Do you have any sound at all, such as system
    event sounds (wav playback) or midi playback? Is the problem only
    with CD audio playback?

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Kyle Brant, Jul 18, 2003

  3. I am running Windows ME, and after a bit of time working with the Msconfig
    utility, I finally managed to get the sound card to operate. It appears to
    be a software startup issue located within the System.ini file. I am going
    line by line to isolate the problem, but it still has been elusive. When I
    select one and only one line to add to the striped-down file, I restart the
    computer only to that it instead highlighted three more. It continues to
    elude my efforts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for all your replies
    so far.

    Stephen P. Stoffer, Jul 18, 2003
  4. bluglobe

    Kyle Brant Guest

    If certain startup lines are causing the problem, then why not post
    that info so maybe someone can help. No one can troubleshoot a
    problem in the dark.

    Kyle Brant, Jul 18, 2003
  5. Excellant point, I should have thought of that. Here is the System.ini file
    listed below:

    [default]
    WaveBlockLen=688
    WaveBlocks=5
    Remix=1

    d PC
    aspect=100,96,96
    display.drv=All-In-Wonder 128 (English)
    keyboard.typ=Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
    mouse.drv=Standard mouse

    [386Enh]
    ebios=*ebios
    woafont=dosapp.fon
    mouse=*vmouse, msmouse.vxd
    device=*dynapage
    device=*vcd
    device=*vpd
    device=*int13
    device=*enable
    display=*vdd,*vflatd
    keyboard=*vkd

    [NonWindowsApp]
    TTInitialSizes=4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 18 20 22

    [power.drv]

    [drivers]
    wavemapper=*.drv
    MSACM.imaadpcm=*.acm
    MSACM.msadpcm=*.acm

    [iccvid.drv]

    [mciseq.drv]

    [mci]
    cdaudio=mcicda.drv
    sequencer=mciseq.drv
    avivideo=mciavi.drv
    videodisc=mcipionr.drv
    vcr=mcivisca.drv
    MPEGVideo=mciqtz.drv
    MPEGVideo2=mciqtz.drv

    [vcache]

    [MSNP32]

    [Password Lists]
    STEPHEN STOFFER=C:\WINDOWS\STEPHENS.PWL
    *Rna=C:\WINDOWS\Rna.PWL
    BRIAN_STOFFER=C:\WINDOWS\BRIAN_ST.PWL
    BRIAN_STOFFER=C:\WINDOWS\BRIAN002.PWL
    BRIAN_STOFFER=C:\WINDOWS\BRIAN004.PWL
    STEPHEN_STOFFER=C:\WINDOWS\STEPHEN_.PWL

    [boot]
    *DisplayFallback=0
    fonts.fon=vgasys.fon
    fixedfon.fon=vgafix.fon
    oemfonts.fon=vgaoem.fon
    386Grabber=vgafull.3gr
    display.drv=pnpdrvr.drv
    mouse.drv=mouse.drv
    *DisplayFallback=0
    *DisplayFallback=0

    [boot.description]
    aspect=100,96,96
    display.drv=Magnum/Xpert128/X99/Xpert2000
    mouse.drv=Standard mouse

    [drivers32]
    msacm.lhacm=lhacm.acm
    VIDC.VDOM=vdowave.drv
    msacm.msaudio1=msaud32.acm
    msacm.sl_anet=sl_anet.acm
    MSACM.imaadpcm=imaadp32.acm
    MSACM.msadpcm=msadp32.acm
    MSACM.msgsm610=msgsm32.acm
    MSACM.msg711=msg711.acm
    MSACM.trspch=tssoft32.acm
    vidc.CVID=iccvid.dll
    VIDC.IV31=ir32_32.dll
    VIDC.IV32=ir32_32.dll
    vidc.MSVC=msvidc32.dll
    VIDC.MRLE=msrle32.dll
    msacm.msg723=msg723.acm
    vidc.M263=msh263.drv
    vidc.M261=msh261.drv
    VIDC.IV50=ir50_32.dll
    msacm.iac2=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IAC25_32.AX
    msacm.l3acm=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\L3CODECA.ACM
    VIDC.YUY2=msyuv.dll
    VIDC.UYVY=msyuv.dll
    VIDC.YVYU=msyuv.dll

    Stephen Stoffer, Jul 18, 2003
  6. Maybe you forgot to connect the digital audio connector and audio-in
    connector with an Audio Cable.

    Î÷Ôª¡¾17 Jul 2003 10:53:39 -0700¡¿,¡¾bluglobe¡¿ ÔÚ¡¾VA503+ and no
    sound with AudioExcel 512.¡¿ÀïϹ˵°ËµÀ:
    --

    ÎÒãȻ¡­¡­
    ÎÒãȻһƬ¡­¡­

    ɽˮ¾ÓÊ¿, Jul 20, 2003
  7. I figured the problem out before I even saw the replies from this newsgroup.
    It turns out that the problem was in the [boot] section of the System.ini
    file. It is working now! I must comment how well the AudioExcel AV512
    performs for such a cheap sound card. Thanks for all the help from you
    people in replying to my request for input.

    Stephen P. Stoffer, Jul 21, 2003
  8. bluglobe

    Kyle Brant Guest

    Yep, I noticed your boot section was all awry. That's why I posted my
    entire file.

    Kyle Brant, Jul 21, 2003