    still plug whats left in so i can monitor rpm into the mainboard ??.

    Think this woudl be a better idea ?

    Thanks.

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Aug 28, 2003

    Minotaur Guest

    I probably would be a better sollution, less power drained from and through
    your motherboard then.
    I do the same here :) You should be able to get a connector so it plugs into
    the main
    cables from the power supply. I then attached a single wire from the
    'yellow' wire on the cable
    to the power socket on the motherboard (left most pin where the yellow cable
    from the connector would usualy go, in MB the socket)
    That single cable shall then give the motherboard all the info it needs for
    RPM monitoring etc
    Reason I did that is, I use a four way fan controller on the front of my box
    :) but didn't want to
    loose the monitoring capabilities. Actualy, I did that for all three fans
    that usualy plug into the motherboard.
    You should be able to pick up some single strips of cable, with a single
    plug on one end (small and round, fits
    neatly on the single pin you need on the motherboard connector) from a local
    electronics hobyists store.

    Good luck

    Minotaur, Aug 28, 2003

    Spajky Guest

    Go to my site under Electronics, all schematics & answers there !!!!

    -- Regards, SPAJKY
    & visit - http://www.spajky.iscyber.com
    Celly-III OC-ed,"Tualatin on BX-Slot1-MoBo!"
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

    Spajky, Aug 28, 2003