    Is there an app that can find these files that are probably not beeing
    used anyway?

    Tronni

    tronni, Nov 1, 2007

  2. tronni

    tronni Guest

    Ok thanks

    I just remember from my windows day (oh the dark days of yesteryear)
    that filling up the register with junk consumed lots of resources.

    Is that a problem with mac as well?

    tronni

    tronni, Nov 1, 2007

  3. tronni

    Király Guest

    Rarely. Mac applications typically write some files to the user's
    home folder (preferences, a few caches, etc.) Some might also write
    stuff to /Library/Application Support or to ~/Library/Application
    Support. When you trash the app, these leftover files will just sit
    on your hard drive unused. They don't consume any system resources
    other than disk space, and the disk space they do consume is usually
    insignificant.

    There are exceptions. Norton Internet Security 2.0 installed all
    sorts of junk all over my system that I was still finding years after
    I thought I had removed it all.

    Király, Nov 1, 2007