Very slow start

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Lisa, Oct 29, 2006.

  1. Lisa

    Lisa

    Hi...

    I'm new here and only slightly technical. I suspect I'm having a motherboard problem but I'm not sure so maybe you guys have some advice for me.

    I have a Medion PC bought a zillion ... actually about 5... years ago. The spec in the FC box says the motherboard is an MS-6701.

    When I switch the beast on I get a bios message and some info about the CPU. Then..... nothing for over a minute before the message about the IDE drives.

    This didn't use to happen and I honestly have no idea if I've done anything to cause it!!!

    Anyone have any ideas about wether it's a motherboard problem please?

    Lisa

    Lisa, Oct 29, 2006