    there is not picture but if you press the menu button the audio plays.
    Is there anyway that we can get the video working.

    Thank you

    snmcinnis, Feb 16, 2007

  2. It appears they use the SECAM standard. I think other countries in Europe
    like France use it.
    http://www.artofhacking.com/tucops/etc/tv/live/aoh_worldtv.htm

    Only thing I can think of is a library. Good luck.

    Captain Midnight, Feb 17, 2007

  3. Former Warsaw Pact countries used the Secam system to prevent their
    people watching Western TV (France is too far away). Many modern PAL
    TVs will display Secam pictures in black and white, some even in
    colour too. I'm not sure about how videos work with it. It may be
    worth trying very new VHS PAL recorders if you can get to one.
    --

    Julian Richards

    www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
    Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"

    Julian Richards, Feb 17, 2007
  4. It's probably a non-NTSC tape (NTSC is the TV standard used in the US).
    Coming from Russia, it's most likely some variant of PAL, or possibly
    SECAM. These won't play in a normal US VCR, you would need a VCR made
    for PAL or SECAM (and, to make matters worse, there are sub-variants of
    both PAL and SECAM that require different VCRs).

    [And to make matters still worse, if you manage to find such a VCR, it's
    output won't be viewable on a normal US-standard (NTSC) TV set, either
    .... you would need a (surprise!) PAL or SECAM (proper sub-variant) TV
    set as well.]

    Almost every country in the world has a different TV standard, so this
    problem is common when you get a TV or VCR or media (tape) in one
    country and try to use it in another country. [Some countries do use
    the same standard, but if you include both the video standard (NTSC,
    PAL, Secam) and the various sub-standards, and then the different
    broadcast frequencies (may not be an issue for simple VCR playback),
    there are 2 to 3 dozen standards.]

    Multi-format equipment, and even "universal" equipment, does exist, but
    it's both hard to find and quite expensive.

    Barry Watzman, Feb 17, 2007
  5. snmcinnis

    zeroklk Guest

    zeroklk, Feb 18, 2007