VHS to DVD Archival copy and viewing copy

Discussion in 'ATI' started by CarlosWA, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. CarlosWA

    CarlosWA Guest

    I want to preserve and have and easy means of viewing 18 hrs of VHS
    family recordings some 20 yrs old.

    Thinking that there will be better technology in the future.

    Should I capture to MPEG2 and keep these copies to preserve the best
    quality? Is this the best quality?
    Will I be able to edit these files and author new DVDs of larger
    capacity (than the current 4.7 GB) in the future?
    The older recordings were mono. Should I set up the capture to record
    only mono sound?

    I will then make a second copy of the tapes to transfer now to DVDs
    for easy viewing. Can I use the MPEG2 to produce edited video and
    author DVDs with chapters. Can I do this with Ulead VideoStudio 6?

    Txs, Carlos

    ******
    delete "nnoospam" for e-mail reply

    CarlosWA, Jul 12, 2003