    support the Dell OEM card.

    Thanks,

    -D

    David Goodwin, Apr 19, 2004

  2. FWIW I've got an 8200 with the GeForce Ti4200. I've always gone to the
    NVidia site for drivers. No problems encountered and some problems resolved.

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    HillBillyBuddhist, Apr 19, 2004

  3. If you never encountered problems, how'd you resolve them? <g>

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, Apr 19, 2004
  4. As shipped the computer had some problems with BSODs while viewing full
    screen streaming video. Updating the drivers from NVidia resolved that
    issue. Additionally I encountered no difficulties using NVidias drivers on
    an OEM Dell display adapter.

    I hope that eases your mind and that you'll be able to rest tonight. :)

    Take care...

    HillBillyBuddhist, Apr 20, 2004
  5. My mind's at ease... Thanks!

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, Apr 20, 2004
  6. David Goodwin

    Hank Arnold Guest

    Absolutely. I've never used the Dell provided drivers. Always get the NVidia
    drivers. They have been rock solid for the past several years.

    NVidia will not, though, install DirectX9. You'll have to go to MS for them.
    Easiest to use Windows update or you can download them from the DX9
    pages....

    Hank Arnold, Apr 20, 2004