    bios setting. Like I said before, dump win98.

    Why do you need to hang onto win98 any way?

    DaveL

    DaveL, Feb 12, 2006

  2. George

    gdp Guest

    It's not easy to tell. But installing the version I suggested from
    viaarena.com won't hurt anything. You can install it over the top of
    whatever is in there with no worries.

    gdp, Feb 13, 2006

  3. George

    geekxxx

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    you can get drivers for old cards try number nine series or type 2-8 meg vga drivers for xp

    geekxxx, Sep 2, 2006
  4. George

    geekxxx

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    old drivers for video cards or display adpters

    type in search engin like google 2-4 megs vga drivers for xp
    numdber nine series is poperlar usely windows likes to use it by default

    geekxxx, Sep 2, 2006
  5. George

    geekxxx

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    old drivers for video cards or display adpters

    :) s3 vision 864 tis for stealth 64 anther common deault drivers windows uses

    geekxxx, Sep 2, 2006
  6. George

    geekxxx

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:

    do not use mem hole i too dont know what it dose but it messed up my graphits if you want 98, tell bios to go back to default
    then your video size make sure you stay 32 megs under your ram if 32 is all you have set size to 2 or 4 you may have to download a geniric sound card most likel you have ess solo1

    geekxxx, Sep 2, 2006
  7. George

    geekxxx

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    type 2-4 megs vga drivers for xp in google search bar
    :) :)

    geekxxx, Sep 3, 2006
  8. George

    geekxxx

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    old drivers for video cards or display adpters

    vga=video graphics accellerator

    geekxxx, Sep 3, 2006
  9. George

    geekxxx

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:

    oh this may suck but 98 must be your boot drive you can try this i think i recall pulling this trick once make 98 your boot drive on one of your hard drives take computer apart and swich from master to slave make xp the boot drive for that hardrive or do,nt swich and us xp on slave sinch it is self bootable have in mind you will may have to use fat 32 win 98 wont read the ntfs format so this may be best. other wise 98 on slave xp on master you can use the other format but win 98 wont read i so do wats best for you

    Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
    geekxxx, Sep 3, 2006
  10. George

    geekxxx

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    if 98 is the boot drive you will only get the fat 32 option when installing xp

    geekxxx, Sep 3, 2006