    Anybody know of a functional equivalent that has two digital
    outputs, but is low-end enough that it does not have an on-board
    cooling fan?

    (PeteCresswell), May 20, 2007

  2. (PeteCresswell)

    Bob Knowlden Guest

    A suggestion: use the "power search" for video cards at www.newegg.com, even
    if you can't (or won't) do business with them.

    I chose 2 DVI connectors, and fanless, as search criteria. 27 cards were
    found. At least one was bogus (dual VGA adapter, rather than dual DVI), and
    several are water cooled (do you wish to use that?). Most are PCI-Express
    cards, though. Can you use that?

    Bob Knowlden, May 21, 2007

  3. (PeteCresswell)

    Kyle Guest

    Even further to the Newegg suggestion, check out the open box/refurb
    area for good deals on a decent vid card. Never had a bad refurb/open
    box from Newegg to date. Bought 2 open box vid cards from Newegg in
    the last few months and both worked as expected. I specifically chose
    fanless models for people who were not 3d gamers and wanted a quiet
    system.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle