Video corruption P4P800 and ASUS V9560 GeforceFX VideoSuite

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Thomas Heder, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Thomas Heder

    Thomas Heder Guest

    Hi!

    I have recently put together a system basec (in brief) of:
    ASUS p4p800 (BIOS 1008)
    Intel 2.8 (Hyperthreaded, 800MHz FSB)
    1 Gb RAM (Verified with Memtest86 3.0 without problems)
    ASUS V9560 GeforceFX 5600 (Running latest NVidia 44.03 drivers)

    Once in a while (every other day or so) the display corrupts just as
    if it was zoomed in on the top left corner of the screen. (Pixels get
    about an inch high on 19" screen. The mouse pointer is still ok, and
    the computer seems to respond , since i can right-click on the small
    surface I see ofthe desktop and a menu pops up, I cannot however
    choose anything from it since the "zooming" prevents me from this. The
    GFX card has not changed the refresh rates since my monitor still
    shows [email protected] when checking... Has anyone experienced anything
    similar? My guesses right now are

    GFX card issue/nVidia driver issue (possible with hyperthreading)
    Mainboard/BIOS issue
    Possibly main RAM issue (not likely due to memtest reporting fine...)

    Regards!

    //Thomas Heder

    Thomas Heder, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Thomas Heder

    Mike Gorman Guest

    Have you checked if any of the Accessability apps are running? I believe
    Nvidia has a zoom feature and it sounds like it's sort of firing off or
    kicking in. I'd be really surprised if this were any sort of hardware issue.

    Mike Gorman, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Thomas Heder

    Thomas Heder Guest

    Yep... Sounds like a driver (or other S/W) issue to me, really...
    Might try ASUS own driver set instead of NVidias latest... However,
    since the problem occurs randomly, it's a bit hard to test...

    Thomas Heder, Jul 16, 2003
  4. (Thomas Heder) wrote in message
    Hi Thomas,

    I have a similar setup, only 3Ghz instead of 2.8, and I do have some
    problems, randomly, with the nvidia drivers 44.03. Seems to be
    happening only at bootup usually, or when exiting some specific games.
    Anyhow, I even tried the reference drivers from nvidia instead of the
    Asus ones. Doesn't change anything.

    I'll wait till next bios or nvidia drivers to make some conclusion.

    Tell me if you solve your problem!

    Reggie

    Reggie Big Monkey a.k.a. Redge, Jul 19, 2003