Video related problems overclocking Celeron 600 to 900MHz

Discussion in 'Abit' started by xppro, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. xppro

    xppro Guest

    I get intermittent lockups on my PC when doing anything 'intensive'
    with my video card, an nVidia Geforce3. I had the same problems with
    my old TNT2. The motherboard is the BH6 using the 'SS' BIOS.

    However, if I just run it at 600MHz then no lockups occur at all.

    I determined this by a process of elimination, ie it wasn't drivers,
    etc AND that the problems also happened when running Windows 98 (as
    well as XP Pro which I normally use).

    When overlocked to 900, the card is okay for normal desktop use, BUT
    if I play a 3D game, use a 3D screensaver or play a DVD, it will lock
    up intermittently. Sometimes it's fine for maybe 45 minutes before
    locking the PC solid, sometimes it will take only a minute or so.

    Temperature of the CPU seems irrelevant (it usually runs at about
    30c).

    I'm wondering if I might have some of my SoftMenu settings wrong -
    what settings for each User Defined field would people here recommend
    for overclocking a Celeron 600 to 900MHz?

    Also, which settings might need subtle 'tweaking' to ensure stability?
    The core voltage maybe? The AGPCLK (??) option?

    Thanks for any help anyone can offer

    xppro, Oct 19, 2003

  2. AGPCLK
    if fsb = 66MHz then 1/1
    if fsb = 100MHz then 2/3

    agpclk has to be 66MHz for vidcard to work properly.

    Tapio Piipari \(southend\), Oct 19, 2003

  3. xppro

    joe~V~3838 Guest

    Hey xppro, I have a cel 600@900 with g3 ti 200, 98se ,and
    haven't had problems in years, run the computer 6 hours/day usually..
    What voltage you using when you oc???
    That's important........
    what kind of fan you have on the cpu?
    You might also need to put some new thermal paste in between cpu
    and fan if you already have a good cooling fan......the old paste may have
    dried up, it happened to me once, I kept on getting crashs in games, looked and
    looked for problems, and finally took the cpu out and removed the thermaltake
    golden orb fan off the cpu and there wasn't anything inbetween, it must have dried
    up over the years, so I bought some paste from bb and haven't had a problem since

    good luck
    joe

    joe~V~3838, Oct 19, 2003
  4. xppro

    xppro Guest

    1.50, but I've also tried 1.55

    Should I go higher?

    I don't want to damage the CPU, hence my caution. :)
    A Golden Orb.
    Good point, I'll have to give it a go.

    Cheers,
    Phil

    xppro, Oct 19, 2003
  5. xppro

    Spajky Guest

    try up to max 1,8Vcore ..

    -- Regards, SPAJKY
    & visit site - http://www.spajky.vze.com
    Celly-III OC-ed,"Tualatin on BX-Slot1-MoBo!"
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

    Spajky, Oct 20, 2003
  6. xppro

    joe~V~3838 Guest

    Hey xppro, like spajky said, 1.8 volts would be high enough,
    though I'm running mine at 1.85 for years......
    so if you're only using 1.55 volts that's the problem, you need to up it
    ..5 at a time until it's stable.....
    good luck

    joe

    joe~V~3838, Oct 20, 2003