Video Signal Loss w/ATI X700PRO on P5AD2-E Premium

Discussion in 'Asus' started by JB, Jan 14, 2005.

  1. JB

    JB Guest

    I'm having a weird problem with video signal loss using an ATI X700PRO
    PCI-Express card on an ASUS P5AD2-E Premium motherboard. Frequently, the
    monitor (19" Dell Flat Panel) will go dark (lose signal) and then stutter,
    and come back on. Often I'll have to reboot to get the signal back and
    sometimes that doesn't even work!

    The refresh rate is set to 60 Hertz so it isn't that.

    My system specs are:

    P5AD2-E Premium
    ATI X700Pro (PCI-Express)
    Silverstone ST-52F Power Supply
    (2) Corsair 512MB DDR2 PC2-4200
    (2) 75GB WD 10,000RPM, RAID 0 ICH6R Southbridge

    Has anyone else seen this behavior or have any ideas?

    JB, Jan 14, 2005

  2. JB

    DaveW Guest

    It sounds like you may have an inexpensive/underpowered power supply unit.

    DaveW, Jan 15, 2005

  3. JB

    JB Guest

    Nope - that's not it. Power supply is 520W.

    JB, Jan 16, 2005